Youngstown, Akron, Columbus, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
ms consultants is seeking a talented and motivated CAD Designer to join our Water Business Unit in either our Youngstown, Akron, Columbus, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania offices. Your primary responsibilities will include preparing detailed CAD construction drawings, topographic profiles, and related maps used in the planning and construction of civil engineering projects including water distribution, wastewater collection, and site development.
What You’ll Do:
Specific responsibilities include:
• Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from Civil Engineers, Project Managers, and Environmental Technicians.
• Draft detailed drawings, utilizing established company drafting standards, to accompany environmental engineering business unit projects including public works project and permit drawings and applications.
• Plot maps and charts showing plan / profile and cross sections indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, utilities, and other structures.
• Communicate project needs with survey team in order to gather required site background information prior to design and for design-support during stake out and construction of projects following approval of the design.
• Receive and process raw survey data in order to prepare site plans and route utility plans in preparation for design projects.
• Assist Project Engineer with design document preparation and reports.
• Occasionally travel to field meetings to communicate project design aspects with Project Managers, Engineers, and Clients.
• Utilize Civil 3D to compute volumetric calculations of excavations and fills, as well as, prepare tables of the data, prepare plan / profile drawings, generate cross sections, etc.
What You’ll Bring:
• 3+ years of professional work experience.
• Associate’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Experience with MicroStation preferred.
Why Choose ms consultants?
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. Known since 1963 for providing quality design solutions, we offer comprehensive and innovative planning, management, design, and analysis for public and private clients. With 9 offices located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, and West Virginia, our technical personnel meet clients’ national and local needs by providing expertise in various engineering, architecture, and planning specialties.
We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
ms consultants offers salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance coverage, long-term disability, life insurance, 401K plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, in addition to performance bonuses, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Please apply online via our website at www.msconsultants.com/careers
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.