We are looking for a Graduate Traffic Engineer to complement our Transportation team. The Graduate Engineer will work directly with both staff and senior engineers, including technicians and administrative staff and work on tasks including design calculations, drafting and plan design, traffic analysis, report preparation, quantification of bid items, cost estimates, and field work. Located in our office in Pittsburgh, PA, you will work with many different ms team members within the Transportation Business Unit.
About the Transportation Business Unit
The Transportation Business Unit provides transportation engineering services for all project types and scopes, from the largest interstate systems to local township roads. Some of the services provided include roadway and intersection design, corridor improvements, bridge replacement and rehabilitation, and environmental documentation. Our traffic, highway, structural, and environmental planning engineers work collaboratively to deliver innovative, cost-effective, and long-term transportation solutions.
What You’ll Do:
The primary focus of the role will be as follows:
• Performing traffic analysis and preparation of traffic studies and reports
• Crash data evaluation and preparation of Safety Studies
• Traffic Signal Design and Plan preparation
• Signing and Pavement Marking Plan preparation
• Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Plan preparation
• Lighting Plan preparation
• Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Plan preparation
• Preparation of bid documents, including technical specifications and cost estimates
• Leading designated task assignments and reporting progress to senior staff
What You’ll Bring:
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or University is required, or equivalent experience.
• EIT certification preferred/PE a plus
• Familiarity with MUTCD, PennDOT, and PTC policies and procedures
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
• MicroStation or AutoCAD is experience required
• HCS software experience required, Knowledge of Synchro preferred
• Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing
Why Choose ms consultants?
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
As a member of the ms team, we consider your needs as a professional and as an individual outside of work. We offer a career path which provides opportunities for advancement at any level of your career and costs for licensure, certifications and further education. To support yourself and your family, we offer a robust benefits package which provides options for health coverage in addition to life insurance, disability, long-term care and more. Our comprehensive 401(k) plan is here to set you up for the future from hire to retire. We emphasize work-life balance and offer time off and flexible work schedules for when you need, it in addition to company paid holidays. Wherever you are in your personal and professional journey, ms has you covered.
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
Please apply via our career page located on our website here: https://www.msconsultants.com/careers/
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.