Columbus, OH; Raleigh, NC; Pittsburgh, PA
We are looking for a Project Architect to complement our Building Systems team. The Project Architect will work directly with senior architects & engineers, technicians and administrative staff. We need a proactive leader who can drive the team toward quality design & production, calculations, quantification of bid items, cost estimates, report preparation, and field work.
The ideal candidate can lead coworkers while utilizing the most current technical software and techniques to manage an efficient and high quality production effort for multidiscipline projects. This person would serve as the technical responsible party for projects and would work under the direction of a senior Architect (Technical Services Manager).
What You’ll Do:
Focus of the position will be technical production of plans, sections, elevations, and details associated with multiple project types. This will include coordination with other in-house technical disciplines, project budget monitoring, project schedule accountability and project reporting to the Project Manager and Technical Services Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Technical understanding of building design and construction techniques.
• Production related project tasks within the following software platforms: Revit, AutoCAD, Excel, and other Microsoft Office platforms
• Assisting the project team leaders to align Client & Technical Design Standards for each project.
• Creating high quality documents and checking your own work before hand-offs to peer reviews.
• Monitoring of the team’s production hours and compare the effort expended to project budgets
• Lead the coordination effort between other in-house technical disciplines
• Manage the production of multiple team members for multiple concurrent projects
What You’ll Bring:
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, willing and able to communicate design ideas and learn office production workflow in a collaborative, matrixed team environment.
• Strong communication skills, good collaborator, creative thinker, team leadership skills
• 10+ years of experience performing technical projects production
• Technical Computer skills – Revit, AutoCAD, Word, Outlook, Excel
• Experience working in technical project teams and with other service groups
Why Choose ms consultants?
ms consultants is an A/E design firm with 300 employees among seven offices in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. We ranked as one of the “Top 500 Design Firms” by Engineering News-Record and “Top 300 Architectural Firms” by Architectural Record. We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
As a member of the ms team, we consider your needs as a professional and as an individual outside of work. We offer a career path which provides opportunities for advancement at any level of your career and costs for licensure, certifications and further education. To support yourself and your family, we offer a robust benefits package which provides options for health coverage in addition to life insurance, disability, long-term care and more. Our comprehensive 401(k) plan is here to set you up for the future from hire to retire. We emphasize work-life balance and offer time off and flexible work schedules for when you need, it in addition to company paid holidays. Wherever you are in your personal and professional journey, ms has you covered.
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
Please apply via our career page located on our website here: https://www.msconsultants.com/careers/
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.