The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling, and client management. The Project Manager also supervises staff, including Senior Project Engineers/Planners, Project Engineers/Planners, Staff Engineers, and Technicians.
• Manage multiple projects and provide technical quality control.
• Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports.
• Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies, acting as the primary client contact on assigned projects and maintaining client satisfaction.
• Develop new business opportunities through networking, client meetings and presentations.
• Attend client meetings and presentations, as well as provide expert witness testimony at public hearings.
• Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies.
• Prepare proposals and budgets, as well as participate in business development.
• Conduct regular project staff meetings
• Direct and supervise activities of engineers/planners on staff and administer bi-annual/annual staff reviews.
• Mentor engineers/planners by providing opportunities for professional and business development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient knowledge of traffic analysis software, including HCS and Synchro.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience working on private development traffic impact studies, preferably in New Jersey
• Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
• Experience working on municipal and public sector transportation assignments, preferably in New Jersey
• Strong technical expertise
• Ability to define problems, identify and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
• 10+ years of experience in transportation engineering
NJ PE license required
This position has immediate supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role requires frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside the office and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position may include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
This is a full-time position. The typical work days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This role provides flexibility to work from home but requires a minimum of two days per week working in the office. Some night and weekend work may be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.mcmahonassociates.com/openings