The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering services on all phases of an assigned project under supervision.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents such as capacity, delay and queue analyses, trip generation and distribution and safety evaluation and analyses
• Participate in field visits to assess roadway and traffic conditions
• Evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria to complete work on projects
• Assist in the preparation or modification of reports and other project documents for a wide variety of public sector studies and private development projects
• Interpret guidelines, procedures and manuals from DOTs, MUTCD, FHWA, NCHRP, ITE, HCM, and HSM
• Draft transmittals, memos, and meeting minutes that effectively communicate key findings
• Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to projects and deliverables
• Provide technical support and guidance to Project Engineers, Staff Engineers and Co-ops/Interns
• Assist in preparation of proposals including scope details and budgets
• Be aware of budget hours vs. time to complete tasks
• Work towards achieving a P.E. license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient knowledge of computer aided software such as Synchro, AutoCAD, MicroStation, VISSIM, and HCS
• Knowledge of Federal and State ADA Standards and Guidelines
• Familiarity with Mid-Atlantic Region DOTs policies and practices preferred (PA, DE and especially NJ)
• Familiarity with traffic signal controllers and traffic signal operations preferred
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
• 6+ years of experience in transportation engineering
EIT required – PE preferred (or ability to obtain within 18 months)
This position has no immediate supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role requires frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside the office and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position may include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
This is a full-time position. The typical work days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This role provides flexibility to work from home but requires a minimum of two days per week working in the office. Some night and weekend work may be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.mcmahonassociates.com/openings