The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring quality, accuracy and completeness of work on all projects within the department. The Senior PM typically supervises a group of Project Managers, Project Engineers and/or Staff Engineers.
• Supervise individuals (PMs, Project Engineers, Staff Engineers, Designers, Technicians, etc.) includes development and training of departmental staff as well as performance management, i.e. conducting annual performance reviews, regular staff meetings, etc.
• Serve as the lead engineer on projects providing technical quality control while managing all projects within the group
• Establish project budgets and schedules; notify the client of project scope changes, and prepare estimates for additional design fees
• Attend client and/or public meetings/hearings as necessary; assure that all public authority and/or DOT approvals are obtained
• Conduct project meetings with staff on a regular basis, coordinate field view/site visit when appropriate
• Perform reviews of contract drawings and specifications to adhere to McMahon’s QA/QC Policy.
• Review and recommend contract changes, prepare proposals and presentations
• Develop existing and new business development opportunities
• Review and approve monthly client invoices for payment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with New Jersey Department of Transportation traffic engineering standards required
• Proficient knowledge of traffic analysis software, including HCS and Synchro.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience working on private and public sector transportation assignments in New Jersey
• Strong technical expertise
• Ability to define problems, identify and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 15+ years of work experience managing transportation projects
• Must have experience managing staff, demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience preparing and presenting client proposals required
NJ PE license required
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Critical Thinking
- Technical Skills
- Team Management
This position has immediate supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role requires frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside the office and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position may include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
This is a full-time position. The typical work days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This role provides flexibility to work from home but requires a minimum of two days per week working in the office. Some night and weekend work may be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.mcmahonassociates.com/openings