Our Building Systems Business Unit is actively seeking a creative, motivated, and talented Senior Site/Civil Engineer for our Pittsburgh office. We are looking for a leader who is experienced in leading teams of engineers and technicians with a focus on document quality.
This position will serve as a technical leader and would work under the direction of the Building Systems Director of Technical Practice to mentor young engineers and technicians, supervise the production of high quality land development projects, and help build relationships and opportunities with our existing clients. We invest heavily in our people and their growth, and this role will be responsible for the career path development of their team.
Our Building Systems Business Unit provides architecture, engineering, and planning consulting services to a variety of commercial and public clients including financial, retail, restaurant, office, municipal and grocery. Project types range from multi-unit retail to schools, municipal facilities, fairgrounds, industrial sites, and urban redevelopment.
What You’ll Do:
Land Development Engineering
• Assist with the preparation and modification of various documents including site plans, specifications, construction schedules, cost estimates, and design plans.
• Utilize data from reports, maps, engineering plans, and perform zoning, ordinance, and permit assessments to determine the viability of certain sites and projects.
• Support our team in planning, designing, and overseeing construction on a variety of public and private site and land development projects.
• Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews in accordance with ms’ internal Total Quality Management (TQM) plan, while coordinating the design with other internal and external technical disciplines
• Manage local staff and plan/balance weekly workload and career path development
• Create project plans with the production team that correlate to the client’s scope of work, budget, and schedule.
• Lead the effort to create and define project scope and fee estimation for project proposals
• Participate in weekly reviews of the project with respect to schedule, construction cost, and profit plan.
• At the close-out of the project, prepares project history data, for feedback in accordance with Total Quality Management (TQM) plan for future jobs.
• Interview and hire new staff, as necessary
• Participate in project interviews to demonstrate experience and capabilities while competing for work
What You’ll Bring:
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, willing and able to communicate design ideas and learn office production workflow in a collaborative, matrixed team environment.
Education and Experience
• Degree from an ABET-accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of experience performing technical projects production.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Consulting experience preferred, but not required.
• Experience working in technical project teams and with other service groups
• Excel working in both individually and in a team environment.
• Possess exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD, and Microstation.
Why Choose ms consultants?
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
As a member of the ms team, we consider your needs as a professional and as an individual outside of work. We offer a career path which provides opportunities for advancement at any level of your career and costs for licensure, certifications and further education. To support yourself and your family, we offer a robust benefits package which provides options for health coverage in addition to life insurance, disability, long-term care and more. Our comprehensive 401(k) plan is here to set you up for the future from hire to retire. We emphasize work-life balance and offer time off and flexible work schedules for when you need, it in addition to company paid holidays. Wherever you are in your personal and professional journey, ms has you covered.
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
Please apply online via our website at www.msconsultants.com/careers
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.